Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My reaction to Ghazal readings

Despite, my love for literature, I do not like poetry that much, therefore, I knew that this packet was going to be a personal challenge. The Ghazals though very difficult to easily read and understand are quite interesting. the imagery that it paints of mostly  North Indian culture,surroundings and the general exaggerated notions about love and life makes it fun. I would have to say that  the general explanations sections are the best part to read because I am learning more about the background of the authors which makes the themes of their poetry more understanding. Although, I would not come out say that I am now a fan of poetry, Ghazals offer their own dynamics.I really like the format that it is written in especially the using of the author's name as a sign off. I  hope with continuous reading my understanding will prove and maybe by the end, like poetry a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. I share your feelings for poetry and have also struggled a bit with the Ghazals, but like you said they do have their own dynamic and I'm finding their unique format makes reading them a little more enjoyable, even if some of the references and themes still elude me.

    ReplyDelete